What’s up with all the purple!?!?!?!

I get that a lot and joke often about making it my signature color and trade marking it, like Mary Kay did to pink.  LOL!  Well to be honest it’s deeper than that.  Purple and white were my school colors in high school, but I never liked it back then.  It’s wasn’t until my “return home” that I embraced it.  Iraq was a rough time for me.  When I returned home, I stood in the middle of my Wackernheim, Germany barracks room shocked and in tears that I survived.  I remember going the window and looking out from the fourth floor and seeing fields of lavender in bloom.   I remember this overwhelming calmness and feeling uplifted.   The sight made me reflect to all the other significant times I’ve seen the color…….sharing a bag of wild berry Skittles with my 1st love the 1st day we meet in 9th grade, going to Trezevant where I met my 1st husband, being assigned to the purple wing  of the hospital post surgery recovery etc…. This started my obsession.  Purple is my favorite color.  I don’t care what anyone says, it encourages my creativity!
Via Flicker

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad