So far, I've been working on this particular project for 48 hours straight, with the exception of the 2 hours I spent meeting with another client. Any who I ran into some serious issues. Friday, the client approached me and informed me that the fabrics we decided on (I.E. the 100% teal silk) was not an exact match for the shoes that are to be worn.
I drove a good part of the day on Saturday to DC, and 3 other cities in VA, but could not find a color match. Just when I was about to give up, I found a place (G Street Fabrics...my new favorite store) that had an exact match for that weird shade of teal emerald.
The client originally requested a teal outer shell with pink lining.
This is not the finished just yet. I still need to sew more pieces, but in the end it will be a short flirty number with a drapping effect. With the jacket, I need to press and top stich everything to give it that polished look.
I hope the client likes this new approach.