Hello Beautiful People:
I'm participating in the Married With Zombies Scavenger Hunt Read-a-Long. We are given a challenge to locate items in and around our house based on scenes from the novel. My motivation is all the awesome prize packs. Today is day 1 of week 1 and it's not too late to sign up. See below for more details.
Scavenger Hunt Schedule:
Week1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) - Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) - Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) - Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) - Tina @ Tina's Book Reviews
Week5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) - Missie @ The Unread Reader
Here's what we're reading:
|My perfect arsenal.|
1. In chapter 2 Sarah has to put her marriage therapist "to rest" with a letter opener. Let's see your weaponized letter opener in mid-action! No letter opener? Think fast! You need to rescue your friend/significant other! What are you going to use when no actual weapons are available? No knives, no guns! Show me what you've got!
|LOL! A heart shaped rock that I painted. I use it as a paper weight.|
2. In chapter 2 Sarah is wrestling with Dr. Kelly and David can't seem to find a weapon to help his dear wife with. Until...Sarah yells at him to use something on Dr. Kelly's body, which he grabs and smashes into her head. I want to see your most killer pair of this item!
|My favorite boots doubles as a handy weapon.|
3. In chapter 3, Sarah hears an unexpected noise in the bathroom while she's nervously peeing. She grabs "the closest thing there was to a weapon in the room". I want a picture of the same type of item that is closest to you....no soft edges people. They won't do the brain damage necessary to kill the living dead.
|The thickest book I own is about Egyptians.|
4. At the end of chapter 5, Dave gives Sarah a weapon just before they are leaving their apartment to pay a little visit to Jack & Amanda's apartment. Let's see a picture of yours (same type of item).
|My handy ARMY issued OD green flashlight. Nice & heavy and never dies.|
5. How do you feel about the book up to this point? Any thoughts you want to share?
I'm reading this aloud as my husband listens. I'm thinking he should start his own blog, because he's been providing alot of commentary. He wants everyone to know he is an official Zombie-ASS-Kicker! What with the actual crazies in the news, we're taking notes...JUST IN CASE. So far we're loving Married with Zombies.
I can't wait to see what next week brings both with the story and this hunt.