Going Back to School

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately. Mainly because I've received numerous request to duplicate my styles.  My policy is "originals only"; but only because I never learned the textbook procedures for pattern making.  In fact the way I do things are so exhausting, I can't even imagine doing it again on the "same" look. Also, I'm sort of a perfectionist.  I absolutely hate saying "I can't" do something.

I'm a little uncomfortable when I think of feeling like the old lady in the room.   But the longer I wait the weirder it'll feel. So I took the first step today with the application process.

I applied to one of the most prestigious art schools in this area.  Part of the application process is submitting a 12-25 pieces of artwork.  I've never compiled all my work like this, but it definitely makes me thankful of my blog!

Here's a sample.  
This video didn't make the cut of my submissions:


Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for a while now & I just wanted to say I'm proud of you for this!
    I'm in school now working on my fashion design degree & it's not easy. I also want to be an evening gown/red carpet designer one day.

    Good luck with your applications!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avanti! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I’ve been sewing for over 20 years now so I’ve picked up a few techniques here and there but there’s nothing like a degree. Good luck in your endeavors also! Perhaps we can encourage each other!

      Delete
  2. 20 years!?! I can't wait until I can say that. We should definitely check in and encourage each other. I'll be interning somewhere this coming Jan so I'm on the lookout for companies. I also want to crank out a few more gowns by then to show my skills. A fresh set of eyes is just what I need to help me in my designs, so I'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad