The Colors Did Not Run!

Hey Beautiful People:


*Waves* The runway show of The These Colors Don't Run Benefit at Historic Shady Lane was last night.  This highly anticipated event I've been raving about for weeks has come and gone.....and it was awesome.  With this being my third charity fashion show, I wasn't nearly as nervous as I thought I would be.  Granted my last two events were for family only, I think I did well for this being my first public debut.  I received a lot of compliments for my garments.  I was sort of a go to sewing "nic nac"person backstage during the hustle and bustle so I've very glad I planned and back planned on packing my emergency sewing kit.  I got the opportunity to meet a lot of very nice and uber talented people.  But since I'm such an introvert, I spent much of my time standing back.  Thank goodness my friend's such the socialite otherwise I may have never really spoke outside of dressing the models.  Any who, thank goodness for social media, so I can stay in touch via Facebook and Twitter.  There were quit a few very talented guest designers that I would have loved to chatted with more. One designer, that I had a few nice words concerning fabric vendors in New York, was Jazmin Brown.  OMG Her and her mom are like a super couple so if you don't know who she is, be sure to Google her.  Oh and there was also this MUA named Margaret Mae that I absolutely adored.  The entire event wouldn't have been possible without Nikke Shanabrough of Nikkay Fashions .  Love her!  Oh and her accessories are super cute. Look her up online also.  This was a lot of fun! I found the time to finish two new garments in the 48 hours prior to this event!

Sadly, I did not take a lot of pictures.  Heck with just my friend as my assistant, we didn't get much of any candid photo moments.   But rest assured when the official photos are released from the professional photographers, I will share.  For now check out one of the models' shared footage:






Next project?
Well I have a gentlemen's suit to make for the hair show in DC next month.  I also have possibly two photo shoots at the end of the month.  In the meantime, I'll be busy working on my next gown! 
Cheers, 

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad it went well for you ^^and that you got contact. i understand why being shy doesn't always help but you did great ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad