Armchair BEA: Blogger Development & Genre Fiction

armchair-BEA
Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads
Today's topic is blogger development & genre fiction.  

I've branched outside of just book blogging in various forms. I have a segment, entitled Dreamheart Spotlight, for artist where I spotlight models, photographers, musicians, etc. I have a segment, entitled Just Chic Enough, where I invite fashion bloggers to dish beauty and fashion advice. I also have a multi author/blogger event August 2013 entitled, Novel Fashion Week.



Dreamheart Spotlight Sign Up | Article Archieves
Just Chic Enough Sign Up | Article Archieves
Novel Fashion Week Introduction | Sign Up

I've been featured on two fellow bloggers sites. I've also signed up for reading challenges, but I'm absolutely terrible at keeping up with those year long meme's.

I'm currently working on launching a offline book club in Baltimore.  If you live in the area, join us on the GoodReads group as we plan for our first meeting.

I'm in a few affiliate programs, but I haven't seen any significant results from them.

I've grown in some aspects and backslid in other areas since I started my blog.  I've begun to include more fashion topics and I've even branched out to the athletic blog community in my new healthy living initiative. Yet, I've noticed I have to force myself to write a review when a novel falls at or below a 3 rating.  I'm a Southern Belle.  I've been taught that if you don't have something nice to say then don't say them at all.  At the same time, I feel compelled to warn people.  Just like in real life, I eventually find a way to convey my feelings in a matter as not to crush the hopes and dreams of others.....It just take a little longer.  I'm currently playing catch up on a few reviews, so look out! 

As far as genre fiction, I'm drawn to anything that's a perfect distraction.  I think there's enough trauma on the news and drama in the world.  So I tend to flock to light supernatural and HEA's (Happy Ever After).  I love romance but I also like action.  If there's balance of the two, then I'm a happy camper.

Here's a few adult and YA novels that met my standard: 

    Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1)Half Black Soul (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #2)The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1)Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2)Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian, #3)Embraced By Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian, #5)The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian, #6)Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian, #7)Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson Guardian, #8)Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9)


7 comments:

  1. I love that you blog about books and other things that you're interested in. I'm slowly trying to incorporate more of my interests into my blog, such as biking and running, but I haven't done it as much as I want to yet. Now totally inspired!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely love that you branch out with your blog and include your other interests besides books! It's always interesting to see what my fellow book bloggers like besides books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool to see how you've branched out & have incorporated other interests--I think that can be a hard balance to strike, but it's really nice when bloggers do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your events sound great. Its nice that you put your other hobbies on your blog. A book club in Baltimore? Cool, I'm going to be in a college in D.C from August to December, maybe i will join sometime. I like action in books too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely like those HEA! I have not read Keri Arthur's books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I love that you are branching out into style and fitness. I'm in an offline book club to and signed up for affiliates but haven't really put the links on my blog yet. I will try but don't expect too much. Hope you have a great ABEA Week! New follower here. Here's my Blogger development and favorite books by genre post if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've done a great job of branching out into all different types of blogging communities! Great job!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad