Armchair BEA: Introduction

armchair-BEA
Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads

Hello fellow Beautiful People & Armchair BEA online attendees.  Because I was unable to attend the full BEA in person this year I am participating in this event.  My name's Katrina and I've been blogging since 2011.  It really doesn't seem like that long and it took me looking back at my archives to confirm. I originally go into blogging as a means to compile online images for my fashion inspiration boards.  That lead to me blogging about my fashion projects, then what I was doing when I wasn't sewing (which was reading), and so forth.


I'm blogging just 3 scant hours south of New York.  It's a shame really how close I am and I've never been to the Big Apple.   My current location is known as "The City That Reads"!

My first time hearing about Armchair BEA was last year.  While I commented  on the site, I didn't interact via posts of my own. This year I'm interested in participating in Armchair BEA as well as actually attending BEA.  Unfortunately this is the busiest time of the year for me with fashion assignments.  I do however plan to drag my dear friend with me to attend the last day as a "Power Reader".  

I'm currently dragging my feet reading  Uprising by Jessica Therrien.  This is the long awaited sequel to Oppression, and I couldn't be more excited to get my hands on an ARC copy.  Too bad, my current work load isn't allowing for much leisure time. My favorite book  books I've have read so far in 2013 has been the following:


 Stalk Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #1)Barbie Girl (Baby Doll, #1)The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1)
Fading Amber (The Cambion Chronicles, #3)WoundedThe Fault in Our Stars

One non-book-related thing that everyone reading my blog may not know about me is I'm a military veteran. Yep, I look young for my age.  I get that a lot.

"Favorite" is a strong word.  While I enjoy visiting a number of blogs when I have the time, there's two that I'm subscribed to via email that I don't mind getting the updates. Actually I look forward to their updates.   So I guess they would classify as a "favorite".  
Those two are ...
Talk Supe - They always have the most unique and sexy supernatural finds.  Most are self published but the nonetheless worth the read.
I Am A Reader Not A Writer- Kathy always have the most giveaways and book & blog promotional content and opportunities.

One of my posts that would like everyone to read is

If I could eat dinner with any author it would be Andrew Fukuda and the character would be Gene.  I read The Hunt two months ago and I have so many questions about the setting. I'm going to try not to spoil it for those who have yet to read this but

    The Hunt (The Hunt, #1)
  • How did the world become over run with vampires?
  • Are they on Earth, another planet, or a parallel universe?
  • What happened to Gene's Dad?
  • If a human get's bitten, do they turn into a vampire or do they die?
  • Why are these vampires so carnivorous?
  • How do they not know you're human? Do they not have super hearing to detect your heartbeat?  Or do they have heartbeats also?  

I could go on and on.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the book and plan to check out the sequel "The Prey".  I just have so many questions, it's driving me nuts even months after finishing the book.

The  literary location I would most like to visit is Oppression or Uprising by Jessica Therrien.  I'm curious to know whose descendant I would be and what my power would be.  I hope I wind up being a descendant, because humans get the short end of the stick in that version of Earth.

My favorite part about the book blogging community is meeting new people who love to read.  I don't feel isolated or alone when I talk fiction jargon to my book bloggish friends

One thing I  would like to see change in the coming years is more peace.  I know that's a far fetched wish, but if more people read they would be much happier.

I'm not going to be able to participate in the ArmchairBEA Instagram Challenge.  Instagram doesn't support my android phone.  But I plan to be at the twitter party! Join me: May: 30th at 8am PST 31st at 3pm PST June: 1st at 11pm PST!



So are you participating in Armchair BEA? 
Leave your links and I'll visit!  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina! It's nice to meet you! Thank you for your military service. :) I grew up in a military family, so it's always been a pretty big part of my life. I hope you have fun this week!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blog - yay because I'm a new follower :-) I'm an hour north of NYC, and I don't get there as much as I used to - and certainly don't take advantage of all the city has to offer ... like BEA, although I did go last year.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katrina! Nice to meet you. And it's awesome that we have the same name! hehe. Thank you for your service in the military. I have crazy respect for the military. I have the Madman's Daughter, but haven't read it yet. Soon hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, your blog!!
    The design is so cute and light! I love love looooove it!

    And hi Katrina!!! So very nice to "meet you" And yay for starting the blog in 2011!

    I can't believe you're so close to BEA but still unable to attend :/ I hope someday I get to go.

    Speaking of BEA, I haven't read any of the books you've liked so far this year and actually only own 1 out of all those :)
    Which is John Green's The Fault in Our Stars, I've been putting off the reading of that book simply because I cry so freaking much with every single book I read and since I've been told this one made a LOT of people cry I expect to enter some sort of depression or something when I finally get around to reading it hehehe.

    T_T I haven't read The Hunt but you just made me very curious about certain aspect... You say the, as in the vamps, don't know if humans are humans and WOW O_O Really, I am curious.

    I loooove meeting new people too!! Fave thing!! Hence me being here stalking you like a freak.

    But can't help myself I love books and if you love them as well then you rock and you've got yourself a new stalker, I mean, follower in me ;)

    Here's my Introduction post for Day 1 if you'd like to stop by.
    Alba @ BookPics

    PS. Looking forward to see your fashion posts? :D I saw you sew a lot? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katrina! Happy Armchair BEA! I have heard so many great things about The Madman's Daughter. It's on my TBR but I haven't read it yet.

    Kendal
    Kinx's Book Nook
    http://www.kinxsbooknook.com/armchair-bea-day-1-introductions-classics/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad