Armchair BEA Wrap-Up

armchair-BEA
Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads
Armchair BEA has reached it's conclusion!  It's been a fun week of connecting with other book enthusiast unable to attend the 2013 Book Expo America in New York City.

Well Saturday, I got my shot!  So I dragged my poor friend kicking and screaming to the Mega Bus pick up location.........but we drove and drove and couldn't find the freaking place.

Who the heck makes a bus pick up location a "park & ride" lot hidden from anybody who isn't a local and "know" it's there.  There wasn't even an address on the site to reference.  And of course the MTA and Megabus offices were closed and couldn't assist......so we missed our bus.......TWICE!


Once we FINALLY found the lot there was an extremely long line and I was afraid there wouldn't be a seat.  Of course the Megabus site says that if you miss your trip due to a fault of your own, you must purchase a new ticket.  I wanted to cry.  But my friend kept assuring me they would make an exception.

Well it turned out that ALL those people waiting were there for a different bus completely.  There were plenty of extra seats and we weren't the only ones who missed the bus because they couldn't find the lot. (There was at least four others)

Long story short, we got a seat and didn't have to buy new tickets!  Yay!  And so we ventured for the very first time to New York to show our pretty faces as "Power Readers"!

It was a long trip and we were mentally exhausted!

3 hours later...

We walked four blocks before I could breathe easy in the knowledge that "WE HAD ARRIVED!"


I made goofy faces with Eileen @ ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***

Chris shook hands with Georgia's Fifth Congressional District Representative and an American icon ... John Lewis

We meet author Natasha D'Anna and many others but didn't realize they were actually "them" until later. *Slaps forehead* for not taking more author photos.

 Saw some cool displays for new novels.

I sparked up a conversation with a lady holding a very pretty book.  Then I said "Hey you look familiar".  Haha, it was Giselle @ Xpresso Reads!

Chris discovered something "new" to obsess over!

This guy said he was my "Father" & then we battled til the death!
Guess who's left standing!

 I spotted the Penguin Truck!

We later met up with a NYC relative and had lunch at a nice little cafe/market downtown.

Oh yeah and the stress was worth it....

As we carried our loot into the sunset.

 Check it out!


WEEKLY RECAP:
Day 5: This Post

Oh this was a blast!  I hope I can attend the full BEA next year, but if not I'll be here!

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of cool stuff! That is my dream right there..it's like heaven. One day I'm going to go! But until then I'll just have to dream about it (:
    I hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to participate in Armchair and even a little bit of the regular show! I hope you LOVE your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a great day! Glad you were able to go, meet some bloggers and authors and all that swag! Awesome. Nice to meet you Katrina during the ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous!! Looks like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad