Looking for an Offline YA/NA Book Club...

I've searched high and low for an offline book club.
Sometimes the Internet can be so impersonal and I'd rather chat face to face about a novel then via Twitterverse.

So Googled it.  Humm, is it proper to capitalize that when used in such context?  I digress, any who! Yep, I googled, "YA Book Clubs".  The search took me to many bloggers until I stumbled up Forever Young Adult.  Their message is:

Forever Young Adult is a community for YA fans who are a little less "Y" and a bit more "A." As the girlie counterpart to Badass Digest, FYA is a place where you can let your inner Lady Nerd loose and swoon over fictional characters without shame (while sipping on a cocktail). From book reviews to TV crushes to movie drinking games, it's basically a non-stop Internet slumber party, and you're totally invited!




 So I'm like heck yeah!  That's exactly what I was looking for.  So I searched their book club chapter listing.  Well my city didn't have a chapter.  So that was another huge downer.  After emailing them, I was informed that I can launch the chapter myself and they would be there every step of the way to help guide me.  I was also surprised to find out that a lot of local businesses are book club friendly and offer discounts on books as well as free meeting space.  How awesome is that! Well folks, the time has come!

Introducing a new "Forever Young Adult" book club chapter in the city of Baltimore:




The Forever YA of Charm City (book club) will host its first meeting on Wednesday, June 26th!
If you live local, I encourage you to join us!

Location:
The Ivy Bookshop
6080 Falls Rd
Baltimore, MD 21209

The Meet time will be 7:00pm-8:30pm

***There will be door prizes (provided by me) and snacks (group contribution).***

Please RSVP for the event
here!
 
If you plan to attend and wish to contribute to the snack pot, please comment with what you intend to bring on the discussion board here!
 
If you live in the city or local to Baltimore, MD
Join us online:
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad