Tour Stop {Guest Post}: Sun Poisoned by Nikki Rae

Sun Poisoned (The Sunshine Series, #2)Sun Poisoned 
by Nikki Rae
Expected publication: June 28th 2013
Sophie’s life has changed. She’s moved to New York, she’s playing music for new people, and she’s making new friends. Then there’s Myles, and the fact that he is now her boyfriend—and everyone knows it. There are a lot of new things to take in, but Sophie has no problem adjusting.
She’s not exactly normal, living in a half-human, half-vampire world, but she’s finally, truly happy. But some parts of Sophie and Myles’ old life still hide in the dark, waiting for the right opportunity to strike.
Sophie’s having nightmares again, but they aren’t about her; Myles is hiding something that she’s not sure she wants to know.
And one lie will change everything.
No matter how hard she tries to cover up the marks her monsters have left behind, they never truly go away, and Myles’ monsters are no different.
Once again, Sophie’s caught between life and death, but this time, only she can save herself.
The Sunshine Series
Sunshine (Sunshine Series, #1) Sun Poisoned (The Sunshine Series, #2)
Sunshine Goodreads | Amazon
Sun Poisoned Goodreads | Amazon



Sophie’s style has changed slightly since we last saw her. Sun Poisoned is about new experiences, a new life, and a new way of thinking for her. A lot of her style in this book is the same, just amplified now that she is more comfortable in her skin.

Sophie now works for a club called Midnight, where she and her band plays and she also sells merchandise. I’d say she expresses herself more when she’s on stage, and she goes for comfort when she’s hanging around or has off days.
Most of her band wears black and white whenever on stage.

Sophie @ Club Midnight
“Boo, Trei, and I agreed on matching our clothing about a week ago. I chose a black and white striped halter dress. It has no sleeves and an open back that shows off my wing tattoos, and it’ll come in handy when I start sweating on stage. The front wraps around my neck it covers most of the pink vertical, scar on my chest and the smaller horizontal one where the breathing tube was last winter. Not that I'm exactly embarrassed by them, but I just want tonight to be about the music, not about people being distracted by my physical deformities.”


Sophie is also less inhibited when it comes to her sun allergy. It’s summer, it’s hot and sunny, and she has to walk to a lot of places now that she’s moved to New York. She still wears her signature trench coat, boots, and shades, but now she carries an umbrella from time to time.

Sophie in NYC
“One of the most awesome things I've noticed about living in New York is that for the most part, no one cares what you look like or how you dress. I don't have to be self-conscious about my trench coat and shades, or the black umbrella that I use during mainly the summer, when the sun is stronger and I don't feel like slathering SPF 100 all over myself. I don't draw nearly the same amount of attention I would back in New Jersey wearing the same thing.”



Sophie makes friends with a new person in Sun Poisoned. She is invited to play with their band, and so she wants to be more comfortable when around new people, which means mainly jeans and T-shirts.

Sophie with New People
“It’s usually pretty cold in the practice spaces because the air conditioning is cranked up in the anticipation that the bands will get all sweaty from rehearsing, so I dress in layers: a black tank top under an oversized, white God Save The Queen T-shirt that was once Jade’s until I stole it. He cut off the sleeves so the armpits stretch all the way to my love handles. I throw on dark jeans and tuck the legs into my boots.”


When Sophie is around Myles now, she’s still comfortable, but in a new way. She wears more dresses, and she is unafraid of him seeing her scars.

Sophie around Myles
“Myles is behind me, an arm around my waist. “Good,” he says into my ear.
I gulp some coffee and my smile grows even wider when his lips brush my temple.
“I like that dress,” he says casually, once we’re apart again.
It’s nothing special: plain white with an open back so there isn’t fabric rubbing against my healing tattoo. I mock curtsey. “Thanks,” I say.
Myles takes a step forward with one hand behind me. “I particularly like how it shows your wings.” His hand travels down my spine, rubbing up and down innocently.” 


If you enjoyed this post, be sure to come back for more during Novel Fashion Week!
1st Bookish Catwalk is 1 August 2013.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad