Barbie World by Heidi Acosta

Barbie World (Baby Doll, #2)Barbie World (Baby Doll #2)
by Heidi Acosta
Expected publication: June 15th 2013
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords
“One Night is all it took to change everything between Barbie and me. One night to potentially lose the girl of my dreams forever. How do I prove to her that she can trust me? That all I want to do is protect her carefully guarded heart. I need to prove to her that I want to be a part of her world. But How? ”
Dylan lost Barbie once before, now he is determined more than ever to win her heart and trust back. Easier said than done, especially with the new hot guy in town who is in a rock band and is the complete opposite of Dylan.
Barbie has been hurt beyond repair or so she thinks. It would be easier for heart to decide if she didn’t have to protect her little brother. And if Dylan would just put on a shirt! Dylan is not making this easy on her. It helps to have the distraction of the new guy in town cute bad boy Kai. But even though her heart is damaged it still knows what it wants.
When Barbie learns she has a family and with the help of Roxie and Kai, oh and Third and Dylan. They embark on a journey to help bring Barbie closer to a past she never knew existed.
Heidi Acosta brings you the heart felt story of friendship, love and heartbreak in the second book in of the Baby doll series Barbie World.



What's refreshing is "this is the end". Seriously! Well that's my theory anyway judging by the way it ended. No trilogy or saga or five books.  Now when was the last time you read a book and the sequel and felt complete?
 
This was a novel I was anxiously awaiting.  The nerd who somehow hooks the hottest girl in school and somehow becomes cool.  Yep, reminiscence of Grease all the way!  I absolutely ate this up.  There was so much drama in book one and where they left you on a cliff hanger, Barbie World picks right back up.  Barbie and Dylan are still living under the same roof.  Where you would think this would make it easy for them to reconcile their differences it actually makes it more difficult.  If you ever thought a teenage girl was not any good at the avoidance game....think again.  Barbie single handedly found a way to duck and jive a good portion of the novel.  She even develops a new love interest which gives Dylan a bit of competition and increases the suspense even more.  I thoroughly enjoyed this conclusion to the Baby Doll story.
 
My only complaint is the ending.  It felt as if the author had another novel in pocket yet tried to condense it into this one.  The story ends with Barbie making a decision that would yet again cause a rift between her relationship.  I was left baffled.  Then as I flipped to the epilogue I find the happily ever after I so desperately wanted.  Yet I'm still somehow left unsatisfied.  The epilogue is like a summary of major events leading to said HEA. *Huff* It sort of felt forced. It would be a delight if the author releases these lost years in a partial to satisfy my curious mind.
 
All and all, this is a series well worth the read.  While this a frustrating follow up mainly because things didn't play out exactly the way I had hoped; I still loved it. Big thanks to the author for entrusting me with an honest review.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Great review, chickie I'm glad you liked it! I've heard different opinions on the ending some love it and others don't - it's def. made me curious. Thanks for being on the tour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this but it's a book I will look into as it sounds right up my street

    Emily at Www.emiilyx.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got book one as a review copy and definitely glad book 2 has arrived. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Barbie World and it's great that you still enjoyed it despite the frustration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad