OMG #ARTSCAPE2013

This was my first time at ARTSCAPE!  All caps means I'm super fan girling over here. *Bug-eyed* What? You don't know about ARTSCAPE?!?!?!?  It's only America's largest FREE arts festival.  Yes FREE!  In America and hosted in Baltimore, MD.  Lucky me I'm a local now. People travel from all over just attend this. It's like as BIG as that festival all the hippies used to go rebel and congregate.  What was the name of that? *Pausing to google "Hippies-Music-Drugs-Festivals"* Aw yes, Woodstock!  Yep it's like Woodstock!  Well to me anyway. So I was intimidated by the rumored large crowds and would't normally have gone if my job didn't tell me I needed volunteer community service to count as education credits toward my promotion!  So out I ventured into the chaos that is ARTSCAPE!


It wasn't "that" bad!  In fact if I wasn't working I probably would have binged on the fun and funnel cakes. I had 3 jobs thus far: greenroom assistant for Street Show, backstage assistant for Lyric, and Film Festival promoter.  And of course I was an impromptu Twitter Team member.

Here's a few of my photos from the Street Show Duty:

 The Drink Show
(Comedy, Magic)



The little kid asked for a motorcycle!
 It ended up being a pretty cool looking balloon motorcycle!

She kept the crowd nice and cool!

Unicycle Lady



 She was really good! She was even dancing on that thing!

The Magical Feats of Brian Morton
 MAGIC!  LOVED IT!


Sunday is the last day of ARTSCAPE! 
 If you're in the area be sure to stop by!
 It's free, so what do you have to loose?!?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad