The Quick & Skinny # 2

Here, I will give mini updates on novel(s) even when I don’t write a full review. This will be more of an add on to my Goodreads status rants. No ratings. Just my thoughts.
Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11)Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed #11)
by Lara Adrian
Read from December 09 to 21, 2012
 Buy It
I'm such a mega fan of the Midnight Breed Series. So much so that I immediately requested an ARC of this one when I heard it was on the reviewing galley.  Now I find myself wishing I had just waited til the release date, then perhaps the anticipation would have allowed me to overlook the flaws in the plot. My biggest issue was Mira's militant position in the beginning. I served in the military so I'm all gung ho about women in leadership positions. This, however is a paranormal novel and the same rules do not apply. The logic behind her leading a troop of Breed warriors went right over my head. She's a full blood human, breed mate yeah but still human. Her power is more a novelty and is in no way offensive or defensive. *Sigh* Aside from that it wasn't all terrible. The romance was copacetic (as always) with explosive hump sessions.
I'm not at all giving spoilers, because all this is in the synopsis. That was another issue for me. I'm used Midnight Breed book back teasers being a bit cryptic and the length of Edge of Dawn's alone is more than the norm.
 
It's been months since I read this yet I still as if I need more time to fully form the rest of my thoughts...

Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight, #1)
Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight, #1)
by


 Buy It
This was my first Darynda Jones novel, so I didn't know what to expect.
I instantly fell in love with the colorful cast of characters.

Lorelei's character was an absolute sweetheart. You couldn't help but love her. Brooklyn and Glitch provided the comic relief with their witty sarcasm. Cameron was downright creepy to me, even after the explanation of why he acted the way he did. Even in the end, he still had an air of mystery that gave me the willies. I don't care how appealing to the eye he was described to be. Jared on the other hand was sexy in a seriously scary way.

I so didn't expect this book to have Biblical context and involve Nephilim and angels along with the other paranormal elements.

The story was so unexpected and addicting. This was a young adult geared novel, so I'm really intrigued to check out this author's adult series as well.

This title was provided by the publisher for an honest review.
 

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)If I Stay (If I Stay #1)
by
This novel is a staple in my reading milestones of epicness.There's two versions of me now.....me before "If I Stay" and me after "If I Stay"! Wow....just wow.
 
Eerie point of view. Is it still first person, if the character is unconscious yet precognitive of everything happening around her present, past, and possibly future as well. #ExtrasensoryPerception
 
Favorite Quote: "It's not up to the universe or divine intervention....it's up to her!"
 
 
Online Chat about it:

The Space Between (Space, #1)The Space Between (Space #1)
by Victoria H. Smith
Read from April 25 to May 15, 2013

 Buy It
A hopeless romantics must have!
 
This is my all time favorite novel from Victoria H. Smith .  I didn't too much care for The Crimson Hunt and I found myself feeling horrible about it. I mean that was her first novel and I really wanted to like it. *Sigh* Any who, this one was a home run. The author found a way to incorporate an interracial couple star crossed contemporary love affair that was beyond dreamy. It's like Romeo and Juliet without the tragedy. There were parts that I found myself rolling my eyes because the lead male was immature in pivotal points.  But the ending more than made up for the occasional hiccup.  This was the feel good read of the year thus far!
 
 
 
Monstrous Beauty

Monstrous Beauty
by

Buy It 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter
 




Buy It

 

 
The Probability of Miracles
by

Buy It 

 

 



As always, there's more...many more but I'll save it for the next Quick & Skinny!





1 comment:

  1. oh i havent read if i stay yet, im not sure if i can commit to it, especially after all the feelings from just one day!
    Emily@ www.afternoonbookery.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad