{{{DAY 6:}}} Change Your Wardrobe – Change Your World {{{House of Jolene Stockman}}} #NovelFashionWeek


Happy Hump Day's Eve!  I'm so glad you could join us this fine afternoon on day 6 of Novel Fashion Week .  This hour's designer is House of Jolene Stockman presenting her Collection: Change Your Wardrobe – Change Your World , by way of Toronto!

The Collection:
Change Your Wardrobe – Change Your World
Jelly Bean Crisis

In The Jelly Bean Crisis, Poppy Johnson turns down her family legacy and a college scholarship to find a dream of her own. She has been a straight-A good-girl for sixteen years and she’s ready to find her passion! When Poppy realizes that she’s been living her whole life for her parents, teachers and friends, one of the first things she does is overhaul her bedroom – and her wardrobe:

“I want to feel warm and happy in my life – and I don’t even feel it in my room. I push the alarm clock into the desk draw. Maybe I don’t want to see its nagging face all the time. On the wall, my notice board hangs perfectly. It’s covered in reminders and little red pins. School projects, school schedule. School propaganda. That can’t be all I am. It can’t be all there is. My notice board is now the enemy. Expectations and obligations. That world is behind me now. I need to know who I am without school. I go over and pull the pins out. Carefully, then viciously. I clear off the notice board and tear up my perfectly-organized class timetable, my copy of the school newsletter, and a flyer for the prom. I scrunch up my college essay outlines and toss my university brochures into the trash. I go further. I start pulling clothes savagely out of the wardrobe and throwing them onto my bed. Why do I wear these preppy things? I’m sick of doing what I’m told. I want to feel like me, inside and out. The wardrobe is empty now, with the old me piled up on the bed.”

Have you ever looked in your wardrobe and felt like the clothes there are no longer you? Maybe they don’t fit your new personality, your new body, or your new life. Or maybe they just don’t represent where you are in your life right now. Whatever the reason, changing your wardrobe can support the changes in your world – and Novel Fashion Week is the perfect time to make it happen!
Jelly Beans
 

The dress that Poppy is wearing on the cover of the book is something she doesn’t usually wear:

“I just leave the letter in the posting pile and dig through the heap of clothes in my room, looking for a suitable Eco Estate outfit. Work at Eco Estate will be the only kind of outdoor activity I’ve done in a while, and that thought makes me nervous about tomorrow. I end up picking out a soft, patterned dress. Short sleeves so I don’t have to roll them up, the kind of floaty skirt that my schedule never gives me reason to wear. I’m actually kind of looking forward to some sunshine.”
This Novel Fashion Week, be true to yourself and follow your passion! Do you have something special in your wardrobe that you’re saving? Something you love but never get a chance to wear? Bring it out! Put it on! Let the way you dress reflect how you really feel, and who you want to be. Change your wardrobe, change your world!


The Novel Highlighted:
The Jelly Bean CrisisThe Jelly Bean Crisis
by Jolene Stockman
Available on Amazon!
A total meltdown. The whole school watching. Now Poppy’s an ex-straight-A with no Plan B.
When Poppy Johnson throws away a full scholarship to Columbia, she can only blame the jelly beans. The yucky green ones? Midnight cram sessions and Saturday’s spent studying. The delicious red? The family legacy: Columbia, and a future in finance. Except now it’s starting to look like Poppy’s jelly bean theory is wrong. School has been her life until, but maybe it’s time to start living now.
Poppy has thirty days to try a new life. No school, no studying. Just jumping into every possible world. Thirty days to find her passion, her path, and maybe even love. The Jelly Bean Crisis is officially on.



Presented by The House of Jolene Stockman!
Door Prize:
Five e-copies of The Jelly Bean Crisis!

THIS IS AN US & INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY!

Ends 8/13 @ Midnight





See you on the next Catwalk! 
Click here to take the Novel Fashion Week survey




8 comments:

  1. *squeals* the cover for this is so lovely, and I really like the synopsis, it sounds relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fashion, Love the book, Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the amazing giveaway!
    elizabeth @ bookattict . com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several students who would love this story. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such a fun book. The cover is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad