Book Club Hype!

Forever Young Adult of Charm CityLast night was the fifth meeting of the YA book I launched here in Baltimore.  It was a blast! Our October read was The Diviners by Libba Bray. I'm super hyped, because I find myself looking forward to the next meeting every single time.  As the months go on, we're gaining more steam!  It's pretty awesome being able to gush in person about novels.  That social interaction is really a pick-me-up.  Online chatting is fun also, but there's something to be said about actually talking and interacting back and forth.

I was initially intimidated about starting a club, seeing as that this isn't my hometown and I'm not even sure if I would make it my permanent home.  Yet I'm so glad for the guidance and initiative. 

If you're in the DC-Maryland-Virginia area I would love to have you join us!

Our Reading History:
 
October
The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)
 
September
Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1)
 
August
Insomnia (The Night Walkers, #1)
 
July
Divergent (Divergent, #1)

Are you a member of a physical book club? 

 

2 comments:

  1. I live in a college town where no one reads very many books :( I want to belong to one though. I feel like it would be really fun!

    Nikki H @ Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki you should start your own book club! If you start it they will come! I was amazed by so many of my members saying how they "wished there was a YA book club". All it takes is more initative and less procrastination while dreaming about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad