ARC Review: Wrecked by Priscilla West

Review: Wrecked (Wrecked #1) by Priscilla West



Wrecked (Wrecked #1)
Priscilla West
E-book 286 pages
Published December 11th 2013
by blackbird Publishing
ARC Copy provided by                                  Netgalley



“There would be no happy ending for us. He was too damaged. I was too broken.”

Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide.

The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive.

Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorrie returns to campus, ready to pick up the pieces of her life. All Lorrie wants is to get back to “normal.”

Then she meets Hunter. The man, the legend, “the Hammer.”

Hunter is a cage fighter who takes on every fight like he’s got nothing to lose. His life is a tangled mess of girls, booze, and fist fights. And while it may seem like he’s got a devil-may-care attitude, he’s fighting a private cage-match with a monster he can’t defeat.

Lorrie knows that Hunter is the exact type of guy she should stay away from, especially in her fragile state, but Hunter has other ideas.

As Hunter and Lorrie grow closer together, will they be able to overcome their pain and heal each other? Or will they both end up wrecked?





After reading Priscilla West's Surrender series, I was Really excited for this book. I mean come on look at that Man on the cover *Droooooool*
Sadly I was very disappointed in this novel.


It took me a VERY long time to get into this book. I think a lot of it had to do with Lorrie. She was a very unlikeable heroine. Her background is sad, Her mom was murdered and then her dad committed suicide. I understand she's broken, sad, hurt, depressed. But she is supposed to be a Heroine. Make her strong let her rise above it all. She really irritated me and at times made me want to pull my hair out.  I almost through my tablet across the room. She made it crystal clear that Hunter and her were to ONLY be friends nothing more. Yet she's over here blowing a gasket and getting all jealous when she learns about things hunter is doing with other girls. Seriously???!!???! Its not your place you said you didn't want him. Get over yourself. Then when they do get together she does everything she can to hurt him and he still sticks by her. Ugh irritated me.

Hunter "The Hammer" Jensen Is utterly Amazing! He is a great hero and he is what saves this book for me. He is patient and understanding. He deals with all of Lorrie's shit and secrets. He openly accepts her as she is no questions asked. It really is sweet. Whenever he was brought into the story he had my full attention. I couldn't help but smile! He is this Sexy as hell drool worthy MMA fighter, but on the inside he's like a huge teddy bear. I just love him! And no I don't think Lorrie deserves him. But that's my opinion!

Then this book pulls the all time worse Cliffhanger EVER. Seriously West?!?! I now have to wait till sometime in 2014 to read what is going on between these two after an ending like that. I was so mad. Lets just say I am NOT a happy camper and Lorrie BETTER reveal herself in this next novel or I'm going to SCREAM. I hope she grows up and realizes what she has.

All in all it is a good novel with a great story line. I think the first half of the book falls short and it was hard to keep interested, but once things start developing and we learn more about Hunter it gets MUCH better!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad