Let's Talk Make-up!

Hey Beauties!! 
It's me again and I'm here to talk all things fabulous! Today's topic is make-up! 

Uh oh! I know what you guys are thinking, not make-up! LOL! I know a lot of people who swear by making up their face totally everyday. I also know a lot of people who don't wear any make-up at all. I have to confess that I used to be one of those people who didn't wear any make-up. I still don't wear a whole face of make-up but I've found that the subtle application of make-up can turn your face from blah to Ooo wee! :-) 

I received an email from a reader. Check out what she wrote and then we'll get into some advice that everyone may be able to absorb. You guys ready? Here we go.

A reader writes:
"Hugs Bina. I adore your fashion advice.  I am a runway star from the crown, omitting the face, then neck down. You see the cosmetic aisle intimidates me because there's so many brands and fluff stuff to choose from. My skin is moderate but some ensembles require a little lip pouty, cheek rousing, lid fluttery decor for a more polished look.  I buy concealer for my acne days but I can never get my skin tone right. I used to beg for make up assorted kits in high school; and oh how I still cringe from those overly caked on days. I never quite got it right. Now as an adult I pay professional make up artist to do it for me at special events. On a daily basis I dress fly with a very boring face. I would love some advice and tips on how to casually wear make up.

Love The Fashionably Plain Face Frannie"


Okay, first I want to say Hi Frannie! Thanks for reading my posts! Now let's get down to this make-up thing. The first thing I would do is ask the professional artists what skin tone color they are using and get them to recommend an affordable alternative. They are, evidently, getting it right if you're paying them to do it for you. Without seeing your face, I can't really recommend a skin tone color for you. I'll just get into the basics of what I do. 

First here's a picture of what I look like without any make-up:

OMG! LOL! As you can see I have major under eye circles. However, I don't cake my face with make-up to conceal these flaws. Here is my everyday casual make-up routine.
1. Cleanse, tone and moisturize
2. Color in eyebrows
3. Conceal under eyes
4. black eyeliner
5. Put a little foundation on cheeks prior to application of blush
6. Apply blush to cheeks

As you can see, from the list,  this is a very minimal amount of product. Here's the finished look.
Products Used: Black Radiance true complexion undereye concealer (here)
Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color, Sugar Plum Fairy 908C (here)
E.L.F Blush & Eyeliner (here)

Well that's about all I have to offer for an everyday casual look. What do you guys think? Too much? Not enough? Need more info? Let me know! Comment below!

Educate. Inspire. Transform.

XOXO,
~B. Ayesha
Beauty | Style | Fashion








8 comments:

  1. LOVE it! That little bit changed everything (not that you need it your totally gorgeous naturally) but geez I would have never guessed a little bit of makeup really does go a long way! Im one of those who when I wear it I do concealer, powder , blush, shimmer, lips , three different eyeshadows, mascara, eyeliner etc. Im def. Going to try a more natural approach from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney!! Let me know how it goes! If you do before and after photos send them to b.ayesha@chaussureboite.com and I'll do a post about it!

      Delete
    2. I did the before and after!! sending them in a sec

      Delete
  2. Oh Bina, I love this! I agree you look pretty with or without make up, but the make up make you look like a super star! I need to try brow power. Yours look so natural while as I use a pencil or mascara brush. That doesn't look so natural. I don't use concealer, but I would like to hide the circles under my eyes. I will take your advice and brave asking someone at the counter for help with the shade match up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I tried the pencil technique that everyone else does and I looked crazy girl! LOL! So one day I bought the E.L.F eye kit and used the brown powder that was in it to color in my brows. So it looks natural. I basically just shade in the imperfections lightly. That way my natural brow shape is there. I don't like the airbrushed looking eyebrows. I don't knock them for other people, it's just not for me.

      Delete
  3. It's great that you're willing to help someone else with their make-up woes. I go plain faced and all my pics are pretty much without make up. I plan to add a bit of make up soon but it will always be minimal. I just can't do the heavy make-up. No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I wear make up I just do eyeshadow and lipstick. Sometimes I swipe on pressed powder to reduce shine. I've never figured out how to use concealer, foundation, blush, or mascara, so I avoid them. Brow pencil and lip liner - WAAAAHHHH outside my knowledge base. When I'm feeling fancy, I add some eyeliner (top lid only). ::shudders:: Make up is so intimidating - when it's done poorly it's really hideous, so I'd rather go without b/c I know I'm just going to do it wrong :-(

    Great pics - really shows how less is more. You're so beautiful, with or without makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I totally understand! I would only do eyeliner and lipgloss. I was even afraid of lipstick! LOL! Play around with it. That's what I did. You don't have to do a whole bunch. I don't like watching youtube videos but if you do, there are tons of tutorials. Thank you for the compliment! I really appreciate it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad