Ringing in the New Year: Style by Numbers #DIY

DIY: Style by Numbers

Okay Christmas is next week.  After that is the big count down to 2014!   If you haven't given any thought to your New Years look, you've got less than two weeks now. If you need wardrobe ideas, head over our "New Years Eve Style" post

If you're looking to spice up your face and you don't want to spend a lot of money on the top shelf cosmetic brands, well this is the post you'd want to pay close attention to.

I believe a metallic accented face is a rocking way to ring in 2014.

Let's start with the windows to the soul:
Eyes of a Goddess
This one may take a little practice to get perfect even if you're not a newb to make up; so I recommend this one for the MUA who likes challenges.

FYI: The stones are various sizes of body jewels & stick-on rhinestones. (Available here)

If you choose to accentuate your eyes with the above technique, furlough the lips. Contrary to Hip Hop beliefs, too much bling is NOT a good thing.

Now on to the smooch zone:

Lips that Sparkle
This one is very simple.  Apply lip gloss. Apply cosmetic glitter. (Please oh please do not use craft glitter. It will irritate your lips.  Don't ask me how I know. *lol*)

If you're more experienced and want to go Haute Couture try:
(I don't recommend trying to eat anything at the party with this one.)
Be Bold

This last suggestion is my absolute favorite, simply because you could get as funky and creative as you want and still look fabulous:

Nails That Beg to be noticed


  • You can apply a colored polish first, then your clear and sprinkle with glitter. Finish with another coat of clear.
  • You can mix the glitter in the clear polish bottle, then apply.
  • You can also play with various colors,shapes, and sizes of glitter.
  • And if you're feeling even more creative you can add nail rhinestones.

Phew! All this nail talk is making me unsatisfied with the boring, "OPI: Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It", color I currently have on my nails.
  
Time to head to the craft store and make these ten digits gleam.

Until next time.

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. This is dope! I haven't decided what I'm wearing for NYE but I may incorporate glittered lips with my look! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad