Review: Charred Heart by Lizzy Ford


Charred Heart (Heart of fire #1)
By Lizzy Ford
E-book 198 pages
Published November 22, 2013
Owned-From Netgalley

For a thousand years, Chace has searched for a way to break the curse placed on him by a jilted lover. He’s a dragon shifter, one who can’t control when the magic will force him into a different form. He’s already lost everyone he ever cared about a few times over and doesn’t know how much longer he’s meant to suffer.
At his wit’s end, he makes a deal with a mysterious figure that offers him what he wants most – an end to his misery – in exchange for everything that’s his: His life, his power. His heart.
The next day, he meets Skylar, a modern day dragon slayer whose mission is to cage him – or kill him. Sexy, witty and brave, she is the yin to his yang, the woman destined to break the curse, balance his magic and make his broken heart whole. 
Except it’s too late. Not only has he sealed his fate, but an innocent one-night-stand with Skylar has dragged her into the middle of a deal with the devil, one she won’t escape, if he can’t convince her that dragon shifters aren’t her enemies.




Meet Chace ♥
What a Gorgeous hunk of a man! Chace is a shifter who turns into this

He is over 1000 years old. Most shifters are born that way. Chace was cursed and turned into a shifter. He is definitely not happy about it and is trying any way to break this curse!

Meet Skylar
 She is a Badass Beautiful Dragon slayer who works for a center that captures shifters and rehabilitates them. Her job is to capture Chace and bring him into the rehabilitation center.


I absolutely loved this book and that suprised me. I didn't expect to. I actually wrote many notes in the first few chapters about how Easy Skaylar is or How ridiculous some of the things they say are. There first night they meet they have sex crazy wild not a first night kind of sex and Chace tells her "I'm glad you have no gag reflexes" seriously I don't know if I would want that pointed out to me. That is one of just many things.

Butttt this book totally overcomes that. It is sooo much more and I love it. Once I realize the bond between Chace and Skylar I totally understand their connection and their need♥

Oh yes but this book is much more than two very attractive people who have some VERY hot intimate moments. The story is excellent. I wasn't exactly sure how I would react to a book about shifters (yes this book popped my shifter cherry) but I actually really enjoyed it. The background is excellent tons of action and absolutely no dull moments. 

I LOVE Lizzy Fords writing style. Her character development alone gets 5 stars from me. The descriptions are vivid yet she still leaves so much up to the imagination. I am glad I found this book and will be checking out more of her work! Oh and I cannot wait to get my hands on book 2!


This book was provided to me by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad