Beautiful Broken (University of Branton #2) by Nazarea Andrews

Beautiful Broken (University of Branton #2) by Nazarea Andrews

Beautiful Broken (University of Branton #2)
Nazarea Andrews
Kindle Edition270 pages
Published September 20th 2013
by A&A Literary
Owned - Ebook Provided by Author in Exchange for an honest review


She's been broken by her past. He's been breaking for as long as he can remember.
Together, they can make each other whole--or destroy each other.
When his best friend asks for something, Dane rarely says no. But babysitting a newly sober Scout Grimes for three weeks isn't exactly a normal request. And with their history, it's a recipe for disaster. Not to mention, she's drop dead gorgeous and he can't touch her.
There are few people Scout trusts as much as Dane Guillot. He's always been her safe place, where nothing can hurt her. He's also been the only man she's never let herself want--screwing up their friendship isn't worth one amazing night together.
They have too much history, and too much personal baggage to ever work. But if they are willing to take a chance on love--it might be worth the risk. - Goodreads







 This is book 2 in the University of Branton Series by Nazarea Andrews. I LOVED LOVED LOVED book 1. I had A lot of expectations for this book. while the book was good, it didn't come anywhere close to the first book. That is my own personal opinion. Others may like this book more. So in book 1 we briefly meet Atti's little sister Scout. We learn that she has a drug and alcohol issue and that Dane (atti's lawyer best friend) is very protective of Scout. This book picks up with Scout getting out of Rehab.

I love Dane. I really enjoyed him in This Love. He was a huge ass to Avery, but that is only because Dane looks at Atticus like a brother, so I understand where he came from. Either way I enjoyed his character and I'm super stoked this book had him as our Hero. Dane is your broken hero. He needs that perfect girl to save him. 

Scout.... She really didn't do it for me. I like her, I'm proud of her, I rooted for her to get better. My issue is I didn't connect with her on the level I connected with Dane. She was kinda bland to me. I don't know, what it was. Its one of those things that just aren't explainable.


The authors writing is good, this is a solid novel. Like I said, I had high expectations after This Love. Maybe I felt sometimes things seemed forced. Like these two people are supposed to fall in love because they have emotional baggage and have known each other forever. I didn't feel the chemistry. Which makes me so frustrated because Dane is Amazing! Scout could have been too, but she fell flat for me. I may feel that way because I never struggled with drugs. I don't understand how she feels. I couldn't relate to her at all. I mean at times I just wanna slap her and ask her why she is being stupid. Seriously it's your decision either you want drugs or you don't. Why make it harder on yourself??? But again I have never struggled with a drug/alcohol addiction so I'm not too sure what it's like. 

Even though Scout didn't do it for me and she aggravated me, watching the romance unfold was still nice. Love just kind of makes me happy. This is a feel good romance with some great steamy scenes! 
I am able to look over the Scout situation because the ending Really did it for me. It was great. Nicely wrapped with a pretty bow on top! 
I can't wait to dive into Sweet Ruin :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad