Review: Annabel (Delirium #0.5) by Lauren Oliver

Annabel (Delirium #0.5)
By: Lauren Oliver
e-book 35 pages
Published December 26th, 2012
Owned

Lena's mother, Annabel, has always been a mystery—a ghost in Lena's past. Until now.

Discover her secrets in Lauren Oliver's brilliant original digital story set in the world of New York Times bestsellers Delirium and Pandemonium.

Lena Halloway's mother, Annabel, supposedly committed suicide when Lena was only six years old. That's the lie that Lena grew up believing, but the truth is very different. As a rebellious teenager, Annabel ran away from home and straight into the man she knew she was destined to marry. The world was different then—the regulations not as stringent, the cure only a decade old. Fast forward to the present, and Annabel is consigned to a dirty prison cell, where she nurtures her hope of escape and scratches one word over and over into the walls: Love.

But Annabel, like Lena, is a fighter. Through chapters that alternate between her past and present, Annabel reveals the story behind her failed cures, her marriage, the births of her children, her imprisonment, and, ultimately, her daring escape.











I decided To read and review this Novella because I am WAY behind and just recently discovered the Delirium series. I wanted to start with this Novella just to make sure I was going to be interested in this series. I can't tell you how many times I dive in and just buy the whole series based on the beautiful covers, and have been very let down. I decided for my financial state I would ease into the Delirium books.

I really like The writing style of this book. It is told From Annabel's point of view and from two different time periods. You have Then and Now. I loved the fact that it was more like a diary entry for Annabel. I felt like I was getting her most personal thoughts and emotions which definitely made me feels more connected to her. Now I think if this would have been a novel it may have been way too detailed for me, maybe a tad too emotional(sad), but the fact that this was only 35 pages it worked really well. It also introduces us to the world that we will be reading of in Delirium, but we also get to see what the world was like when Annabel was younger.
 
Annabel talks a lot about being cured at first I thought maybe a disease was going around but then she mentioned being married and such. Not too sure what that is about but cant wait to find out!

I cant say too much more, but I am definitely recommending this book if you haven't read this series.  






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad