Review: Raw by Belle Aurora

Raw 
by Belle Aurora
Kindle Edition, 359 pages
ASIN: B00HNG4AB4
Source: Ebook - Own

Goodreads | Amazon


***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.*** 
Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am. Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street. Best decision I ever made. 
Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job. My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved. But the saying is true. 
The world makes way for those who know where they are going. 
That’s me. 
I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace. But then there’s him. I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me. He makes me feel. It’s unconventional. But it’s real. 
I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker. So am I. 
This isn’t a story. This is my life. 
***Warning*** This book includes situations that some may find uncomfortable. Including S&M, Role Playing, Sexual explicit scenes, violence, abuse. 18 + Recommended.




I have heard from other readers that Belle Aurora has a lot of good books.  This is the 1st one I have read of hers.  I feel that she is a good writer and will read more of her books in the future.  With that being said her are my thoughts.

This story is about Alexa (Lexi).  She had a bit of a tough childhood and spent some time on the street as a runaway before finding her place in this world.  Now, as an adult she helps other kids that are like her and have a tough childhood.  She is a case worker and her kids love her.  She moved to Australia with her foster Mom and has remained there ever since.

Twitch enters her life as her stalker.  A stalker in which she never really feels threatened by.  She feels him watching her all the time but never really fears him.  I think we are made to feel that Lexi feels a sense of comfort from her stalker.  One night while on the way back to her apartment she is assaulted and Twitch comes to her rescue.  Twitch introduces himself to her and then spends the night with Lexi after she asks him to stay to help her sleep. Lexi feels a since of comfort and protection with Twitch. This goes on for about a week. Twitch watches her during the day and sneaks in at night just to sleep with her and comfort her with nothing really said bwtween them.  Then one night he does not show up. Lexi wonders what happened and realizes she must be crazy to start having feeling for her stalker. 

Eventually, Twitch and Lexi begin to have a sexual relationship but you realize that Twitch is severally damaged. I would compare his character to Christian Grey in "Fifty Shades of Grey" like Christian his childhood is filled with pain, abuse and anger.  Twitch like Christian likes to hurt woman in order to feel a since of happiness or calmness. Twitch knows that he is damaged but something along the way with Lexi turns from him wanting to hurt her to him wanting to protect her.

Twitch is bad news and Lexi knows this. Lexi also cannot walk away. She is already falling into the deep end of the LOVE POOL and does not know how to get out. Their relationship takes a lot of twists and turns and you always think Lexi won't forgive him, she just won't and then Lexi forgives him. You realize Lexi knows that Twitch needs help and sticks with him to try to get the help that he needs.

The ending made me cry (which I am not a crier, so that sucked but was also awesome. LOL) The author tells you that this is not a Happily Ever After ending and they are correct.  If that is what you need then I suggest skipping this book.  But if you like roller coaster relationships, bad boys that are just so damn sexy you cannot resist, and friends that will stand by even your stupid decisions because they love you then give this story a shot.

I will not spoil the ending but I feel that the ending does leave a bit of an opening for the author to write a second book and make this a series if she decides to.  I will have to keep an eye out just in case there is more to this story. 

RATING: 3 STARS 

                            
Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds quite intriguing. It's not my usual kind of read but I'll add it to my amazon wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad