ARC Review: Lingering Echoes by Erica Keifer

ARC Review: Lingering Echoes by Erica Keifer

Lingering Echoes (Lingering Echoes book 1)
Erica Keifer
E-book388 pages
Published November 16th 2013 by Clean Teen Publishing (first published October 30th 2013)
Copy provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review


She's broken with guilt. He harbors a chilling past. It's safer if they keep their distance... But, the echoes that linger connect them. 
Returning to Hidden Pines is the last thing Allie Collins wants to do during her final summer before college. For her, the family cabin she spent her youthful summers in, now holds a dark memory that has haunted her every day for the last year. 
While struggling to forget her past, Allie runs into Damien, a local rebel with secrets of his own. He's dark, dangerous and he keeps showing up when Allie least expects him to. She has every reason not to trust him. So why does she find herself opening up to him in a way she hasn't been able to with anyone? 
As pieces of Damien’s identity emerge, answers to a rumored mystery begin to unfold. By the time Allie unearths the secrets of Damien’s past, she realizes just how intricately they are connected. Now she is caught in a dangerous battle that threatens her life and those she loves.


Before reading this book I wanted to see some ratings on Goodreads. This book has some good ratings and a lot of rave reviews. But when Reading this book I sat there wondering was I reading the same book as everyone else? This book is mediocre to me. It's good has a great premise and had a lot of potential to be great. Somewhere I want to say the first 200 pages actually, this story drug on a bit. It really didn't capture me until the last half. 

Your hero Damien and your heroine Allie both have very broken pasts. Both characters carry a lot of guilt over what their actions led to. Allie's dad decides to bring her to the family lake house with his new wife and stepson hoping it will give her a chance to heal. Little did her dad know his stepson is a total ass and kind of prolongs her healing process. I can't go too much into the premise without giving anything away so that is what I'm leaving it at :D

Seriously Nick is a freaking douche. I dislike him, even when they sort of start getting a long I dislike him. He is this little asshole with no filter. If I were Allie I would have slapped the heck out of him numerous times, instead she kind of lets it just go. That bugged me. No repercussions for the crap he says or does. Who is the snot nose brat there?

Brooke, Allies BFF who I'm guessing lives in the town, is annoying and careless and promiscuous to the extreme. Don't like. She is immature and naive. And she is totally all about Brooke, Yuck.

Aaron was tolerable but still disliked him. He was a protective (without any rights) ass.

Damien is my favorite Character. The only reason is because he has that whole sexy, dark, mysterious thing going on. Doesn't really give you much opportunity to dislike him. So at least he had that going for him.

This story sort of drug on to me. I want to say I like the authors writing style, which I did. Everything flowed well, but way tooo many insignificant details.  The story is beautiful the struggles both characters must overcome are significant and I love watching the execution of it all. But like I said It did get a little bring at time. 

The ending is what captured me. It was absolutely perfect. So much action, drama, and thrills. This could have ended in so many different ways. I had a few guesses, but I finished it being Surprised and thinking OMG that was a great!

I would personally classify this as YA. Netgalley has it as NA but I don't really understand that. The heroine is 18 the hero 19ish Brooke is 18. They are fresh out of H.S. and there really aren't any steamy scenes. I think it goes as far as a kissing scene. I've read YA books with more romance action than this. I don't mind that the book wasn't romance filled, but I see no reason to classify this as NA. 

Bottom Line: If you want to read a book that is a bit slow pace, with mild romance, and a tad bit of action this book is for you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad