ARC Review: Undone by Shannon Richard

ARC Review: Undone (Country Road book 1) by Shannon Richard

Undone (Country Roads book 1)
Shannon Richard
Paperback368 pages
Published July 2nd 2013 by Forever Yours
copy provided by Netgalley in exchange for honest review
New Adult

Things Paige Morrison will never understand about Mirabelle, Florida:
Why wearing red shoes makes a girl a harlotWhy a shop would ever sell something called "buck urine"Why everywhere she goes, she runs into sexy-and infuriating-Brendan King
After losing her job, her apartment, and her boyfriend, Paige has no choice but to leave Philadelphia and move in with her retired parents. For an artsy outsider like Paige, finding her place in the tightly knit town isn't easy-until she meets Brendan, the hot mechanic who's interested in much more than Paige's car. In no time at all, Brendan helps Paige find a new job, new friends, and a happiness she wasn't sure she'd ever feel again. With Brendan by her side, Paige finally feels like she can call Mirabelle home. But when a new bombshell drops, will the couple survive, or will their love come undone?






Undone by Shannon Richards is just what the Doctor ordered! Oh and do you see that Cover?!?! AMAZING
I just read this book in record time. It took 3 hours of pure bliss.
This is a great New Adult Romance. This book took me back to the kind of books I first started reading (Sandra Brown, Linda Howard, Brenda Novak, and Jill Shalvis) 

In no time Paige lost her Job, Her best friend had to relocate to D.C for her job, and her boyfriend Dylan dumped her. What's a girl to do? Only thing is Move to Florida with her parents :/
I think white sandy beaches, beautiful water, parties, and tiki bars on the beach. Oh but that is not the case for Paige. Her parents retired in a small town. Mirabelle Florida with population of mean ol' ladies who can't mind their business and some of the biggest mosquito's known to man.
Sounds like the biggest drag especially when your the center of the towns gossip, but it all changes when Paige's jeep breaks down and Brendan comes to the rescue. 

Shannon Richard's writing reminds me so much of Jill Shalvis and Shannon Stacy. So all you Shalvis and Stacy fans this book is definitely for you. Great story line, Comedy, and Some hot lusty romance. This book made me laugh, made me cry, and bust out a whole heck of a lot of OMG'S. I was happy and giddy tduring this whole book. I can't even contain my emotions while writing this review. I want to tell you everything, but I can't without spoiling everything :(

Lets start with Characters. Paige was excellent. Sassy, fierce, beautiful, and a smart ass to the extreme, but she did it well! Brendan was sexy, funny, loving, and caring. Just everything you want in a male character. The secondary characters were enjoyable and full of personality as well. Grace, Tara, Shep, Jax, and Bennett just had me laughing my booty off. It was like hanging out with friends I've known since I was 5. And that is exactly how long most of them have known each other minus Tara and Paige who are relatively new to the area.

I wont give too much but I will say this: I have never read a book that has made me feel so heavy with emotions. Both happy and sad. Everything in this book is real. It may be an insta-love, but to me it was totally realistic. This book had the right amount of story and romance. There are a few intimate scenes but nothing with too much detail. Reminds me of a classic romance. Tragedy does strike in this book. And when it strikes, it strikes hard. I commend Richard's for going outside the box with this novel. But the ending still left me light and fluffy. 

The bottom line: If your in the mood for a nice light romance with some laughs and cries pick this book up. I could easily see this book coming with me to the beach or pool side. 




1 comment:

  1. Nice review. This does seem like a sweet read and I've heard good things about the story. Gonna give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad