To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

To All The Boys I've Loved Before
By Jenny Han
E-book Pages 288
Published April 15th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.





Guys! This book is AMAZING! Can I rave about this book enough? Nope! Will my review do this book Justice? Nope!

Ok so we have Miss Lara Jean a Junior in high school, with 2 sisters Margot who is older and Kitten who is younger, and a dad who is raising his three girls as a single father. Margot and Lara are very close, more so than most sisters. After their mother died, Margot is the one who took care of the family. Well Margot has graduated and is now going to college..... Out of the Country. Of course this is very hard on the whole family, but even more so on Lara. She now must take responsibility of the family while dealing with being a junior in High school.
Lara Jean now has even bigger issues.... When she decides she doesn't want to love a boy anymore she writes them a letter to get over it. They are just her way of venting, she doesn't actually send them out. She does the opposite she stashes them away in a Hatbox her mother had given her. Well one day Peter, the boy who stole her first kiss comes up to Lara at school asking about this letter she sent..... What? She didn't send him a letter.... Oh no, Some how all her old letters have gotten sent out to the boys she used to love. Poor Lara Jean.

My Favorite part of this book????? Lara Jean has a family! OH MY GOSH who knew YA characters actually have those? This family also includes a..... DAD... ***GASP*** So rare.

Characters:
Kitten (the youngest sister) is my Absolute FAVORITE second character in this book. She is a little Firecracker. She made me laugh so hard I was crying. Kitten reminds me so much of my youngest child. She has no filter and no problem speaking her mind. Just a in your face personality. BOOM!

Margot- She has a stick up her booty. She doesn't let her emotions show and you can tell she tries hard to be strong for the family. I still love her though.

Lara Jean is just so sweet. I love her so much. Sometimes I felt like I was in this book with her and I jsut wanted to grab and comfort her through her hard times.

Peter I liked him right off the bat. Cocky arrogance and all

Josh is sweet and yet so confused. I love his connection with the family and watching him grow as a character.

This book is so hard to review. I read it Saturday in one sitting and waited till 4/23/14 to write a review so I could collect my thoughts. I still can't put my emotions into words. So you know what?!?!?! Stop reading this and go BUY THE BOOK! You wont regret it.



2 comments:

  1. I was so curious about this one! I can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a book I highly recommend to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad