Let's Talk Fashion: Met Gala 2014

The biggest event this week in fashion hands down was the Met Ball 2014 or Met Gala on Cinco de Mayo!  This annual event kicks off the Metropolitan Museum of Art's yearly Costume Institute exhibit and is always a star studded event for celebrities for wear their fashionable best and stunt on the red carpet...like a boss!  *lol*  So Bina and I decided to talk about the looks that captured our interest! 

Katrina: I love when celebs tone down on the red carpet and still look stunning. Emma Stone's adorable crop tank and long wrap skirt is a prime example of modest elegance! #EffortlesslyChic

Emma Stone
Source: Here


Hey Bina, what was your favorite look?

Bina: My favorite look of the night was Janelle Mone't! She looked PHENOMENAL! What took me over the top of her look was this response: [in response to, “You always interpret the masculine – the classic masculine dressing with the feminine and the drama.”] "For me, it’s about redefining ‘sexy’ and redefining what a woman can wear and showing people things that maybe they didn’t know would work and being that model for them. I think that’s important, that young girls see that and say, ‘you know, I can come and be unique and be who I am and not feel any pressure from anybody else.’" — Janelle Monáe


Source: Here

 Katrina: Oh the detailing on that cape is mesmerizing!  I like the classiness of the red to her uniform.  Monáe always wears what she calls her uniform to honor her family and I love this red carpet rendition to that code.

Who had the best shoe game?  I vote Rita Ora:

Rita Ora
Source: Here
Bina: I'm gonna go with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley:
Source: Here

Source: Here

Those shoes go hard! LOL! I absolutely love them.

Katrina: Yeah those shoes are nice!  What about the hair?   There were some pretty spectacular dos.  My favorites were...





Nicole Richie's purple hair
Source: Here
 



Cara Delevingne's side curls


Source: Here
 
Blake Lively‘s mermaid waves
The Best Beauty Of The 2014 Met Gala Red Carpet Proves Taking A Risk Pays Off
Source: Here
The Best Beauty Of The 2014 Met Gala Red Carpet Proves Taking A Risk Pays Off
Source: Here



Bina: I loved Joan Smalls Side Fishtail braid!

How to get bold Met Gala lips like Beyonce and Amber Heard
Source: Here
I also loved Dita von Teese's vintage look. It was magnificent!

Source:  Here


Katrina:I would have chosen these two for best make up.  Joan's lipstick was bold and Dita's overall application was flawless.  I love when people try daring new things completely unorthodox and can pull it off.  Joan's choice in lipstick and nail polish may not have matched her gown, but to me they really blended nicely.  Another celeb that look a leap of fashion faith was Rosie.  Aside from her Gladiator style pumps you mentioned earlier, did you check out the size of her earrings?  I don't think I've ever seen hoops that big before. 

Cabelo para Megahair|e1768crpz9l6orzjuz5so6w7y Dicas de Beleza, Erros e acertos das famosas no tapete vermelho do MET Gala 2014, produtos e tratamentos.
Source: Here

Bina: Yes I have! In the 90's and most 90's styles are making a HUGE comeback so I'm not surprised to see them at the gala! People usually do bold and daring fashion pics for this event.

Katrina:True! As they say, go BIG or go home! As far as big gowns go, I thought Tabitha Simmons was just adorable




Source: Here

and Charlize Theron was regal.

Source: Here

 I wanted Giuliana Rancic's and Karlie Kloss' black numbers for my own closet.

Source: Here

Source: Here

Bina: I love that material!



I loved SJP's dress but hated that the designer's name was on the tale of it. Other than that it was my fave. However, I'm biased because I love SJP!! LOL!



Sarah Jessica Parker Gets the Met Gala Off to a Good Start
Source: Here




Katrina:Oh. My. Goodness. I didn't notice that before. *lol* wow.
 

Bina: LOL! maaannnn listen!

That dress was EVERYTHAAANNNGGG!

LOL!
 

 
Taylor Swift's Dress was really pretty as well.

Source: Here



Source: Here

Katrina:Yeah Taylor can rock anything.  Well I'm done...well almost. I can't leave without giving kudos to RhiRhi! It's like day and night from her 2013 Gala gown. White looks better on her and she has great abs...why not show it. 


Source: Here

Bina: Yeah. I actually like this look on her. She's always a hit and miss. She's not consistent with her fashion looks. She's kind of all over the place. And I like to change it up but it's like she doesn't know who she wants to be as of yet.




Katrina:Yeah I think consistency comes with age. Young people like to experiment!
 
Rhianna once said, “When I am putting looks together, I dare myself to make something work. I always look for the most interesting silhouette or something that’s a little off, but I have to figure it out. I have to make it me. I think that’s the thrill in fashion.”
 
Bina: I personally don't think she's got there yet... LOL! She looks like she tries too hard to be different.
 
Katrina:lol I'm so not going to quote you on that. lol

 
Bina: LOL! I wouldn't care if you did.



Katrina: Okay, okay. I won't censor you. lol

Bina: LOL!

Katrina: Final words?


Bina:Ummmm




LOL!


Katrina:  Okay so that's a wrap.  It's been fun talking fashion with you Bina. 
 
Bina: Ditto lovely!
 
What about you guys and gals?  Where there any noteworthy looks that we missed?  Chime in and tell us what you think.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad