ARC Review: Surrender The Sky by Meradeth Houston

ARC Review: Surrender The Sky by Meradeth Houston

Surrender The Sky
By Meradeth Houston
Published May 2014 by MuseItUp Publishing
E-book 296 pages
Copy provided by Netgalley in Exchange for an honest review

Gabby lives by two unbreakable rules: don’t expose her kind, the Sary, and don’t fall in love—too bad some rules are made to be broken.
When Gabby’s most difficult charge accidentally shoots her in front of a class full of students, the event exposes her carefully hidden identity. She shifts from looking like a normal teen to her secret Sary form, revealing her wings and the existence of her kind—immortals who try to keep people from committing suicide. Her incident attracts the attention of the next leader of the Sary, Jassen, who offers her an impossible bargain: she can keep her wings if she makes amends with those who know the truth. Things get more complicated when a rebel Sary, intent on exposing them to the world, starts interfering with Gabby’s work. And there’s no denying her attraction to Jassen, who is torn between his duties and his heart. With threats at every turn and her immortality on the line, Gabby has to find a way to save the Sary or surrender the sky forever.






I had never read about or even heard of a Sary before Surrender the sky. This book was so awesome! I have no idea why I even put it off for as long as I did, but I'm sure glad I decided to read this. It was Action packed, fun, and had an awesome romance as well. Yes, this book was definitely a triple threat!

Gabby is a Sary, an immortal who tries to help/stop humans from committing suicide. The first rule of a Sary is to never expose who you are to people. Gabby is on an important mission to stop Chad from killing himself and harming others. Well, chad accidentally shoots gabby and exposes her true self, wings and all! From there things are just in an uproar and The lead Sary (The gorgeous Jassen) has to decide whether or not he is going to release Gabby for exposing herself. 

I loved ALL the characters Starting with Gabby (our main Character) all the way down to Hannah (a secondary character who was barely in the book)! Gabby was ballsy, she took risks, she saves lives, and she falls for the hottie Jassen! Everything I have been looking for in a main character. 
Jassen is just so quite and mysterious it just makes you want more of him. I could even see myself falling for bad boy Leon (Jassen's evil twin brother) at times. I mean seriously how could you not? Don't worry folks just because there are two total hotties does not mean there is a love triangle (Thank you Meradeth Houston for not doing that to us).

My only dislike Is that I can't get this book in paper back, as of right now it is only available digitally :(
If your looking for a quick read with a little romance and tons of action I definitely recommend this book!







5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the awesome review! It makes me so happy to hear you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one to read and can't wait to get started. I tried sending it to my Kindle and thought I had it on there to read- but something is going wrong with my Kindle (4 books didn't show up..hmmmm). Once I figure out the problem I plan to read Surrender the Sky. I read the other Sary books by Meradeth and loved them! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed this one so much. Great review!
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwe I hope you get it to work! It really was an awesome read. I can't wait to read her other books in the series as well.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good one. I am putting it to be sampled on my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it, Surrender The Sky had action and thrills with just the right amount of romance! The whole concept of this book was fascinating to me

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad