Review: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Review: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

My Life Nest Door (My Life Next Door #1)
By Huntley Fitzpatrick
Hardcover394 pages
Published June 14th 2012 by Dial Books For Young Readers
Goodreads/Amazon
"One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time."
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.
As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase's family embraces Samantha - even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?
A transporting debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.





My Life Next Door:
Funny
Cute
Romance
Summer
Realistic
Thoughtful
Family bonds
Politics
Morals

These are some of the best descriptive words I could come up with to explain this book without Giving too much away.

10 years ago the Garrett's moved in next door to Samantha Reed with their VERY large family. Over time the family expanded more and more.  Samantha's mother Senator Reed has always looked down on the Garrett's. They were too messy, The Garrett's had too many kids, too many cars, bikes on the front lawn, pool toys in the pool, Christmas light hung up until Easter. It just drove Senator Reed (An OCD clean freak who loved her vacuum a bit more than her own kids) nuts and she made it known she thought she was better than them. Samantha Reed would stay up late at night observing their family. She saw how happy they looked and how normal they were. Then one night A Garrett climbed up her trellis and changed her life that summer!

I had put off buying this book for SO long, then I stumbled upon it online for a Steal (It was meant to be) I devoured this book as quick as I could and it is one that when I put it down to do something, I couldn't get it out of my head. The characters stuck with my like glue. Yes even crazy ass-hat Tim (If you read the book you will totally understand) Now I'm stuck waiting a year for book 2 and I'm already going crazy. 

There are certain characters I loved right off the bat
The Garretts, Tracy (Samantha's sister), Tim (Even though he was an ass-hat I was always rooting for him), and Flip. Although Tracy and Flip were more secondary characters and we didn't get too much of them I still really enjoyed the time.

It took me a little longer to warm up to Sam, but by the end she had won me over. I am not a fan of some other character's and when you read this you will totally understand my dislike for them. 

Jase (Who is a total hottie) and Sam are both 17 years old, yet they are both very wise beyond their years. I didn't feel like I was reading a book with a whole bunch of young characters who don't know the first thing about love. Its probably one of my favorite aspects about this book.

Book 2 The Boy Most Likely To will focus on Tim and I really can't wait to dive into his story and see if he finally gets his HEA! 

If you haven't done so Go out and buy this book! If you have read this book Comment below I would love to hear what you thought!



4 comments:

  1. happy you enjoyed this one! I didn't fall head over heels in love with it but i did really like it. The whole big family thing with the garretts reminds me of my mom's side of the family and how we are when we all get together. very heartwarming.

    great review,
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Garrett's are honestly the biggest reason I loved this book. I dont think I would have enjoyed it nearly as much without them. You are so lucky to have a big family! It is something I have always dreamed about ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey this was my bookclub BOM for a few months ago. While I really enjoyed this, I don't think I 'll read book two. I liked Tim but didn't care for Alice at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a HUGE fan of Alice either, but Im hoping in book 2 we will get a more in depth look at her and why she is the way she is. Im pretty sure it has a lot to do with her being one of the oldest and maybe feeling left out since she has so many siblings and maybe its her way of rebelling. Thats just my theory. I really mainly want to catch up on Tim! I really liked him depsite everything he did

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad