ARC Review: Invincible by Alana Albertson

ARC Review: Invincible by Alana Albertson


Invincible 
by Alana Albertson
ebook157 pages
Published March 9th 2014 by Bolero Books. LLC
Copy provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
Genre: New Adult


I’ll be honest with you—I’m no hero. Sure, the media tries to brand every Navy SEAL as some kind of Batman dressed in cam-mies. There’s even a line in one of our cadences: Superman is the man of steel, he ain’t no match for Navy SEAL. You’ve seen the movies—we’re infallible, invaluable, invincible. But that night, the one you read about in the papers … all I really wanted to do was get laid.
One harmless fuck with a Aruban whore, no strings attached. I picked her out of a lineup—wild, dark hair, long legs and a crook-ed smile. After she sucked me off, I relaxed back onto the creaky, cum-stained cot, thankful for the blissful moments she gave me when I actually forgot for a second the faces of my buddies who died because I made the wrong call, the tears of the children I couldn’t save, and the eyes of the enemies I slaughtered during their last seconds of life. 
But before I left, her hazel eyes peered into my soul. She whis-pered in a distinct Californian accent, “My name is Annie Hamil-ton. I’m an American citizen. I was kidnapped on spring break five years ago. You’re my last hope. Please save me.”
One desperate plea. This wasn’t a Hollywood blockbuster or a New York Times best-selling thriller. I knew this time there was no room for excuses, no margin for errors. I had one chance to put on the cape and be her hero.






Invincible is a book I had been highly anticipating for a awhile! Usually I like going into a book blindly, but for some reason I had decided to go on goodreads and look at some reviews. When I saw that they were very mixed reviews I got a little put off by the book and only read it now, because I was looking for a New Adult contemporary. I'm really glad I decided to give this book a chance because I was not at all disappointed! Invincible is a pretty short novel. I read it in about 4 hours with distractions, so I'm sure if you were able to just read it through you could get it done in a shorter amount of time. While it was short, I didn't feel like it was too short. It had a strong character base, strong story, and a sexy as hell kick ass hero! I'm not sure how realistic this story is (I know women get kidnapped for sex trafficking often. I'm more talking about the rescue mission and the simplicity of it) but it was still really enjoyable. 

Annie was 18 years old when she disappeared from a cruise ship in Curacao, on a drunken night, while trying to get pictures of the sunset. Her then boyfriend Chris was on this cruise ship with her, but he was asleep in their room when she decided to get up and go see the sunset.  So of course with no traces of Annie, Chris had been accused of murder, some speculated suicide, others figured she had just ran away.

Navy Seal Patrick Walsh had just gotten off deployment and was lonely. He decided to hit up a brothel he had been to a few times and ended up choosing Star a prostitute that did something to him as soon as he saw her. Little did he know he was about to walk into his next mission.

“My name is Annie Hamilton. I’m an American citizen. I was kidnapped from a cruise ship five years ago. You’re my last hope. Please save me.” 

I liked Annie a lot! Such a good strong lead woman. I loved her fierceness, her bravery, and how even after everything happened she still had respect for herself. I love how she didn't let her experience define her. She picked herself up and put the pieces back together. 

If your in the mood for a quick read with a good romance and some steamy scenes then this book is definitely for you.





4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney - I just got this one not to long ago. I am looking forward to reading it. Do you know if this is part of a series that the author is starting or just a stand alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually going to be a series! I am very excited for the next book!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad