ARC Review: Virgin by Radhika Sanghani

ARC Review: Virgin by Radhika Sanghani



Virgin
By Radhika Sanghani
Kindle Edition304 pages
Expected publication: August 5th 2014 by Berkley
New Adult RomCom
received copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review


Okay, I admit it…I didn’t do it.
Yet.
This is normal, right?  I mean, just because everyone I know has talked like they’ve already done it doesn’t mean that they’re telling the truth…right?
It’s not like I’m asking for that much. I don’t need the perfect guy. I don’t need candlelight or roses. Honestly, I don’t even need a real bed.
The guys I know complain that girls are always looking for Mr. Right—do I have to wear a sign that says I’m only looking for Mr. Right Now?
Sooooo…anyone out there want sex? Anyone? Hello? Just for fun?
I am not going to die a virgin. One way or another I am going to make this happen.
Hey, what have I got to lose? Besides the obvious.







"I have an Emergency," I blurted out. "I just went to a salon and got a playboy Brazilian and now my Vagina has a tiny Hitler mustache in the middle. The rest of it looks like it has acute chicken pox. Please Tell me this is normal"

I went into Virgin blindly and I am so glad I did. I expected a lot of things, but this my friends was not one of them! This book had me laughing my Ass off! My husband gave me a few raised eyebrows as I read this book. In return I read him what was going on, he literally squirted beer out his nose from laughing so hard (Don't drink while reading this book or the same might happen to you and it doesn't feel good) I ruined my brand new 1500 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets thanks to this book (I spit my red wine all over the beautiful sheets) but I honestly have to say the laughs were so worth it!

This book follows Ellie a 21 year old who has yet to lose her vplates and wants to do so by graduation. She has two best friends Emma the slut (shes embraces being a slut!) and Lara - her beautiful friend who can get any man she wants when she wants. 

If I could explain this RomCom to anyone I would say this book is Sex in the City meets Bridget Jones Diary set in London. Seriously. 
This book embraces woman hood they talk about Vaginas, Virginity, Sex, and anything else a woman has ever had to deal with. As young adults we are taught that stuff is shameful, I would have never thought to go to my mom and ask her if my Vagina was lopsided or if it were normal to have a discharge. I was taught not to look at it, not to touch it, and definitely never to mention it. Ellie was raised pretty much the same way so her and Emma decided to start up this Vlog (A vagina blog) and the entries were hilarious and the things they talked about are personally things I have googled many times myself! I loved it, it was so real life!

Now I will admit at first Ellie got on my nerves. I was not sure if I was going to like her at all. Luckily her annoyance and desperation worked because of her character in the book and I totally learned to love her! I recommend this book to ANYONE woman over the age of 18 (you younger gals while I think this book may be important for you to learn to embrace your womanhood, Mom and Dad might not like it as much) I would not recommend this book to the male audience unless you want to see the lengths us women go to and the struggles we have (hmm, maybe my husband should read this).

*If you suffer from book hangovers like I do, this is the perfect book to get you out of one!*




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad