ARC Review: Very Wicked Things (Briarcrest Academy 2) by Ilsa Madden-Mills

ARC Review: Very Wicked Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills

Very Wicked Things (Briarcrest Academy #2)
By Ilsa Madden-Mills
Kindle Edition289 pages
Published May 11th 2014 by Little Dove
Young Adult
Copy provided to my by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Born on the poor side of town...
Ballerina Dovey Beckham is a scholarship student at Briarcrest Academy, determined to prove she’s more than just a girl with the wrong pedigree. She does whatever it takes to succeed in her endgame, even if it means surrendering her body…but never her heart. 
Until the day she meets him, and he rips apart all her well-laid plans. Suddenly, the girl everyone thought unbreakable might just shatter.
Born into wealth and privilege...
Cuba “Hollywood” Hudson is rich, spoiled, and a star football player. With his fast cars and superficial girlfriends, he lives the high-life, hiding his secrets from the world.
Until the day he meets her, and she offers him something he’s never tasted... love.
But once in a lifetime kind of love doesn’t come easy. When trust crumbles and doubts creep in, both will have to decide to either love or let go... forever.
Welcome to Briarcrest Academy, where sometimes, only the wicked survive.



Very Wicked things is a Young Adult novel with some very adult situations. When I had requested this series on Netgalley, I requested these off the New Adult section. I wasn't too disappointed when I found out this series is in fact YA (The teens are 18 and they are in high school, its YA). I wasn't too upset because these characters are much more mature than your usual YA characters and the siutations they are dealt are very adult situations that could possibly happen to anyone. 

I read Very Bad Things (Click here for review) Last month and absolutely fell in love and the sequel definitely did not disappoint! In book one I liked Cuba aka Hollywood. Not as someone to date or anything because he is a huge womanizer, but I liked his friendship with Sebastian (who I am really hoping we get a story for next) I really didn't expect to feel as much as I did after reading this. Dovey (Katerina - her Russian name) Had so much heart and so many problems I really went through this book crying for her. 

Who would have ever guessed Cuba was much more than a pretty face? I loved being in his head and finding out what was haunting this young boy. Both characters have a lot of shit going on in their lives.
Dovey was born poor, her mom was a drug addict/alcoholic who a lot of times forgot to pay the bills, her dad came around a few times, but was never a constant in her life, and she had to steal to get her necessities. She faces even much more in this book, but I'm not going to get too spoilery.
I'm also not going to tell you about Cuba's issues because it goes with the story, but I will say the boy has some serious issues. 

I really would recommend this book/series to anyone Ilsa Madden-Mills is a very talented author with characters who you can relate with. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad