Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire


Jamie Mcguire
Beautiful Disaster
published May 26, 2011
New Adult
Listened to Audiobook


INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.
Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.
Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.





Beautiful Disaster is a book I have put off for a very long time and for no particular reason. I have heard so many mixed reviews on this book, that I just never wanted to spend the money on it, so when audible was giving this book for free with a new membership I figured I would sign up and give it a try!
I am SO glad I did! 

Abby Abernathy is a young college student who has run as far as she can from her past. She is a sweet girl whom most would consider maybe preppy or a goody-too shoes, but all that changes one night when she meets the beautiful Travis Maddox. 

Travis Maddox is as bad as bad boys get. He makes money fighting, is covered in tattoos, and is everything Abby should stay away from. But when he makes a bet with Abby, she is swindled into living with this gorgeous man for a month. Easy peasy right?

I finished this book surprised by how much I liked it. Not only did I love the story and the diversity, but the characters captured me in a way I haven't felt in a while. This book is everything I try to stay away from when reading a romance novel. Conflicts, back and forth romance, back and forth emotions, character's lying to themselves over emotions, guys acting stupid because their emotions get in the way, etc. 
But I was giddy, swoony, frustrated, and I wanted to chunk the book more times than not (I was listening to it on my tablet and didn't want to break my expensive technology), but I couldn't put the book down, because even with all the frustration I felt the story and characters were excellent. I was more frustrated with situations the characters got themselves into and things they did, but I'm pretty sure I was supposed to feel that way. 

I love the characters in this book. They were diverse and real. Not once was I annoyed, shocking right? I mean with all the frustration I felt, I still loved the characters.  I do have to say, The Maddox brother's are some of my favorites and I was so glad to be introduced to that family. Probably one of my favorite fictional families to date! 

I had so many feels when I was done reading this that I actually cried because it was over. I just didn't want it to end. I think it is the most frustrating thing in the world when you have so many feels, but can't put them on paper. That is exactly what is happening with me! If you love the NA genre, sexy bad boys, and great characters, pick this book up! 




2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite books, I'm SO glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I cannot explain my love for this book! Soooo good :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad