Review: Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Review: Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Goddess Test (Goddess Test #1)
Aimee Carter
Paperback293 pages
Published April 19th 2011 by Harlequin Teen
Source: Own
Every girl who had taken the test has died.Now it's Kate's turn.It's always been just Kate and her mom - and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld - and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy - until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.
If she fails...





Goddess Test Is a Trilogy that I ordered myself for my birthday a few weeks back! 
Before reviewing book 1 I did read the whole trilogy. I wanted to make sure it was good before I made a recommendation since I had them all with me at the time. But this wont be a review mashup, because I find it VERY hard to review all 3 books without giving anything away.

The Goddess Test was a good solid book. It wasn't the best book I have ever read, heck it isn't even in my top 10, but it is still ag pretty good book. 
I have read many fictional books on Greek Mythology, but I have to say this one has to be one of the more interesting takes on it. If you are looking for a book that follows the Greek myths to a T then this book wont be for you. But if you are ok with an author putting her own twist on Hades and Persephone's story then definitely pick it up. 

Kate is a young girl who has been taking care of her mom who has cancer. Her mother's last wish for Kate is to go live in her hometown. Now Kate is forced to start a new school with new friends. She gets off to a rocky start makes an enemy in the first week and that is when Kate's  life is changed forever. 

Kate meets Henry a young dark mysterious man who claims to be Hades, God of the Underworld. 
He makes a bargain with Kate and if she accepts he will keep her mother alive until she is ready to say goodbye. 
Now all Kate has to do is Pass seven test which doesn't seem too bad, but what Kate doesn't know is that someone is looking for her to fail and will go to no limits to see that happen. 

I loved the characters in this book, well I do but I don't. I like the idea of Henry, but I don't think the author gave us enough of him. By the end of the book I had grown to like him a bit, but I still didn't love him, and as we continue on in the series, I do grow to like him a bit more, but I still feel the author held back too much with him. She maybe played the mysterious part TOO well., Other wise I really enjoyed all the other characters good and bad!

If you are looking for a good quick read, with action, romance, and drama then I definitely recommend this whole series to you!




   

5 comments:

  1. Haven't picked this one up yet but your review has made but interested and wary at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard because I do like this book, and I think with every book it gets a little better, but I also felt like there was something missing at the same time. I just can't put my finger on it. Another thing I liked is the price of the boxset. On Amazon I bought the whole Trilogy plus the novella mashup for 22 dollars new and it came with an autographed poster. That was really awesome!

      Delete
  2. You know I have this one. I've picked it up twice but just couldn't get pass the first page. I'll have to push myself the next time I pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a week to get past chapter 4. Im not even kidding, but once I got past that chapter, everything flowed really well and it became really enjoyable!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like it isn't too amazing but then not too bad either. I am glad you enjoyed it. I am crazy about Greek mythology so this is probably one I should try for myself!

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/09/waiting-for-dusk-book-review-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad