Review: Sometimes It Lasts by Abbi Glines

Sometimes It Lasts
(Sea Breeze - Book #5)
by Abbi Glines
Kindle Edition, 288 Pages
ASIN: B00DA98QCM
Source: Ebook - Own

Goodreads | Amazon


15828714
Cage York has to choose between a love of the game and a love of the girl in this sultry Sea Breeze novel from New York Times bestselling author Abbi Glines.
After waiting for his big break, bad boy Cage York is finally called up to prove his worth in the college baseball arena. But when Cage’s girlfriend, Eva, mourns the sudden loss of her father, it’s not Cage’s comforting arms she runs to, but those of her former fiancé’s twin brother, Jeremy.
Torn between his baseball dream and the girl of his dreams, Cage must prove he’s worthy of Eva’s love, or risk losing her to Jeremy forever.



Cage and Eva had a good future ahead of them. They are about to move out of state for Cage's full ride baseball scholarship. But Eva's dad is really sick and Eva decides to stay and take care of him. Now Eva and Cage must endure a long distance relationship.

Cage's life starts spiraling out of control when his roommate does not understand RELATIONSHIP and LOVE. When Cage gets stuck a party with topless girls, tricked into a kiss, tricked into touching another girl, and he wakes up naked with a girl that is not Eva and has no memory he knows something is very wrong.

Eva receives a weird text with pictures of Cage cheating on her and she can't think straight. She tells Cage that they are over and she does not want to see him again.

Cage must decide on his baseball career or Eva. Cage has to fight to win Eva back and he needs to explain all the things that happened in those photos.

Eva has to see Cage again and she knows they have to talk. Things are different and she is pregnant with Cage's child. She can't hide that from Cage.

This book was okay. I don't really like story lines that always make the girl whiny and complicated. And the guys don't stand up for themselves -- WHINY GIRL: I don't ever want to talk to you again..... translation: Give me a couple days and then you better call me or I will know you NEVER loved me. This is what the conversation should have been. Girl: You cheated on me and I need some time. Guy: Ok, I understand you are upset. I will give you a couple of days but I will explain this first and then if you need a couple days no problem. Girl: Okay, I hope you can explain this...... Now, That is what we call good communication.

Hopefully, those 2 last books will be the end of the Whiny Girls, but I won't hold my breath I am starting to see a pattern. I like the characters in these books and I want to keep going with the series. I hope I won't be disappointed.


RATING: 3 STARS

HAPPY READING!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad