Follow up to what's happening with me!

Hey everybody,

I recently moved from the East Coast to the West Coast.  Baltimore, MD to San Jose, CA to be exact.  It's been almost two weeks now.  I must say the idea of making such a ginormous step was intimidating.  I started a new job and I'm closer to my university in San Francisco (I formally attended online). I'm now surprising ecstatic to say this feels like "home".  I've lived many places and in many countries, but never felt like I instantly belonged!  The feeling is eerie warm and I just feel giddy inside.

My only source of sorrow comes from the fact that I had to leave the book club I started and lead in Charm City.  While I could very well start a new one here in silicon valley, the hype isn't as pronounced for YA lit.  Now I could be wrong....

Anyone here in the Bay area, or know someone who would be interested in joining a monthly book club?  Please let me know.  If not, I have considered the idea of carrying on with the bookclub online among you gals and gals. We could vote for monthly reads, read-a-long, and have discussions. Would you be on board?



 

6 comments:

  1. you should do skyping with your book-club ladies! Change intimidates me, when I moved to ATX, I stayed with my bookclub. We do Skype, Email, we have a goodreads group, we still mail eachother I just didn't want to lose that group of girls when I moved away, since I had already left so much. You can do kinda how me and you did that one video thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! With the time difference it may be difficult, but I will continue to follow along with the reads and chat with them online!

      Delete
  2. I'm really happy you feel at home and immediately, i can imaginge how intimidating it must have been but i'm sure it will leads to a lot of positives news!
    ( and soon your gift i hope)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I'm going to the post office tomorrow for a manual pick up. They're holding all mail for me.

      Delete
  3. I am very happy for you Katrina. It is very hard to leave somewhere you love to somewhere you don't know. I have lived in many different parts of FL most of my life and even though it is in the same state just that decision to move and leave things, people, jobs behind for a bigger and better future is very intimidating. It is even harder to find that instant love and homey feel. I wish you tons of success. And just remember your continued love for reading is something you can take with you anywhere you live. I think that your designs and creativity will blossom and grow even more with new inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad