DIY Oil Solutions

Hey there. It's no secret that I am loving my natural hair journey. In addition to giving up relaxers, I've taken the additional step of thumbing my nose at most hair products that contains harsh man-made chemicals. I've become somewhat of a hair vegan.  I've developed a big time hobby of making my own EVERYTHING. From shampoo to conditioner to styling lotions. It's super fun and I can already see that my hair approves. Lately I've been stockpiling on oils. Oils are great because there's oil.for every ailment, plus most of them you can find in the cooking aile at the grocery store. My biggest motivation is if I don't use it on my head, I can eat it. Or at least make one heck of a room freshener with the essential oils.  There's so many oils out there that knowing what does what is only half the battle.

I would like to share these nifty recipe charts I made for when I need to mix a batch.

TIP:  My technique is 2-3 drops of the essential oil to every 1 cup of carrier oil.

3 comments:

  1. I am very happy that you have started making your own products. I love mine. I have not made shampoo yet but my hair is fine, oily scalp, and dry on the ends from highlights. I am trying to grow out all the highlights to get it healthy again.

    I make a lot of my own face products. I make toner, lotion, Vitamin C serum and mud masks. They are awesome. I recently found a product that might be good for you to try. I'm not 100% sure since we have such different hair but it is called Pro-Vitamin B5. I found it on Amazon. It can be added to face products and hair products. It helps hold in the moisture and keep your skin and hair healthy. In the reviews some have said it makes their hair look and feel fuller and softer and it help add in healing of the skin as well.

    I have been into essential oils and home remedies/aromatherapy/homeopathy for about 15 years now. It has helped me a lot of the years with headaches, aches, pains, skincare.... Everything. I have a lot of recipes if interested just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, please! I would love to try some of your recipes. The highlight of my Sunday evenings is mixing up something to experiment with on my hair. I recently bought some Jamaican black castor oil. I'm going to try this tonight! It's said to be good for your hair and acne!

      Delete
  2. *help add in healing should say helps aid in healing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ad